Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Stockholm: (Last few days)

Last few shots of places in Stockholm

Galleria at Kista



Kulturhuset



This is what Maxime Vidier, one of my team-mates in the Swedish Culture module said abt Kulturhuset: "I have been in the Kulturhuset and I know no other city in Europe that has such a nice meeting point for people of every generation. The old, retired people can play chess there, the children can play in the Barn Rum, while their mothers can drink a coffee one floor downstairs and the teenagers can read books in their own library and sit in their own Café. There are also libraries, art exhibitions, three Cafes and music rooms in the Kulturhuset. Many countries have copied parts of the Kulturhuset for example the public library or the music rooms, but I could find such a big house for culture and entertainment nowhere else yet. "



Drottingatan street full of tourist shops



Gallerian @ Kungstradgarden



Kungstradgarden where there is a open-air ice-skating rink with music being played over the loudspeaker. If u have your own skates, u can skate there for free.



Pre-Christmas dinner with corridor-mates



Koohan, a Korean who grew up in Sweden. He always joked with us, joined us for our late night instant noodle dinners and left jokes for us on the fridge. The Swedish flag is the gift I got from Christian during the pre-christmas dinner.



My last lunch with my chinese friends



To be honest, I felt quite depressed during my last few days in Sweden. I had only 'kill bill' for company. Henry had left for Singapore earlier. Lappis was almost empty cos almost everyone went back for christmas and those who didn't went to tour other countries. The sun was down at 3pm and the lack of daylight really made a significant impact on one's emotions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home