Monday, November 28, 2005

Stockholm: Officially Winter

I woke up one day to see this view from my window.



Snow!
It's officially winter! I didn't expect it to be so early cos my Swede friends were telling me how in recent years, it always snow in December. Oh well, the blanket of snow covering Stockholm certainly brightens this otherwise gloomy and dark landscape(cos the sun sets at 3pm)

That signals the death of any possible use of my bicycle anymore. Well, so be it. It has outlasted its value. I bought it for 990SEK and used it for a few months. Considering that the 1 month's SL transport card costs 600SEK, getting the bicycle was definitely worth it. Not to mention the fact I can sell the still-new bicycle second-hand. Haha..



Christmas tree at KTH



When the snow comes, I felt a subtle difference in the mood of the people around me. Before that, the early sunset seemed to make the students & prof a bit glum & depressed. But with the arrival of the snow, everyone seemed to cheer up.

:)

2 Comments:

Blogger Lalalalala said...

hows winter like? Is it really that cold?

8:16 AM  
Blogger Kaiz said...

Regarding your question abt how's winter, it's better to bring more layers of clothes. After all u going to a place much more north than me. Definitely must get thick wool long john, a thick winter jacket, gloves(those that u can still take photos with; i recommend a thinner one and a thicker one), good shoes(else u will slip like mad when walking on ice), a cap(to protect your face from the snow) or beannie

3:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home