Monday, October 24, 2005

Belgium: Brussels (Oasis Concert)

After Ghent, Han & I then took the train back to Brussels Central to join Yunchen & Malou. We were going to catch Oasis concert at Forest National. Yes, Oasis! Alright, I must admit. I'm not exactly a rockconcert-goer. But after much persuasion by Han, I relented. After all, it's the Oasis. And how many people has a chance to catch them in action?



They were solid, as expected. Dishing out crowd's favourites such as Champagne supernova, Don't look back in anger, the impt of being idle... I managed to tape two of them too: Wonderwall and Don't look back in Anger. Enjoy :)

Overall, the energy of the crowd was evident. Everyone was jumping around. That's why u see my camera shaking. Cos the floor was shaking. The energy of the audience was definitely not sth u can find in Singapore. However, personally I'd prefer to do away with the smoke and the super high volume of the music blasting into your ears. Ok, rock concert is supposed to be loud but there must be a limit to the decibels, isn't it? It sure was slightly over the comfort level for me. And the smoke... Given a choice, I will still prefer "BBC last night of the proms" or "Yanni Live at Acropolis" over a rock concert. That's just me. But dun get the wrong idea. I had a great time and Oasis truly rocks.

As we exited the concert hall after the oasis concert, we saw police cars surrounding the exits. No doubt looking out for trouble-makers amongst the oasis fans. We ran to catch the last train. The last train was delayed for 10min for some reason. It was then we started to see posters. Posters of someone missing who was last seen in this train station. Ermmm... We started to make our way towards the centre section where there were more decent-looking people. Haha.

4 Comments:

Blogger GMG said...

Hi there, got to your blog thru "who m i?".
Very nice pictures, specially the Scandinavian ones. You're very lucky: Stockholm (in Summer) disputes with Sydney the contest for the most beautiful city... That's probably because I'm very fond of cities by the water! Also Stockholm was the arrival town on the day of my 20th anniversary during a hitch-hiking trip in Europe. Memories!
If you wish, you can compare yours with some photos of Stockholm I’ve at
http://blogtrotta.blogspot.com/
taken some years ago when I came back. I'll be posting some others from Scandinavia at Blogtrotter Revival when I'll have some time (to digitalize and post).
Enjoy and take care.

3:42 AM  
Blogger Kaiz said...

Hi gmg,
Yeah, Stockholm sure is beautiful. You're even luckier. Travelling to so many countries. I wish I can travel as much as you. :)
Anyway, I see that you've also uploaded many pics. Have you hit the storage limit @ blogger yet? Cos I'm kinda worried I'll be hitting mine soon.... Haha. Oh well, shall start another account then.

5:31 AM  
Blogger Mervyn said...

OMG OASIS!!!!!
I wanna watch!!! u r damn lucky manz...
hope i can catch some good bands on europe tour too..

10:51 AM  
Blogger Lalalalala said...

hehe gmg has found yr blog! i directed him here. haha.

9:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home